Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I originally planned to write all about our vacation before I started posting, but life and Harry Potter got in the way. After we returned from NY, I had to two days to get the Girls' Harry Potter costumes finished before the Premier 11:59 showing. Phew... Lisa & I were working until last minute to finish them. Lisa did Brooke's, (pictured in the middle) and I did both my girls. Crazy I know, but they were so incredibly adorable at the premier. We met up with three more of their friends and their parents for the movie. Their friends were all dressed up as well. We arrived about 1 1/2 hours early to get our seats, and it was a good thing that we did because if we had waited much longer, we would not be able to sit together. The girls sat in one row, and the adults in another. The girls had such a great time, as did the adults. Nobody minded the 1 1/2 hour wait. It was perfect, we were able to hang out and socialize with friends and eat before the movie started, and the movie was awesome. The girls enjoyed being stars. Everyone was telling them how cute they were, and asking them where they got their costumes. As we walked around we could hear people saying things like, "Look at those girls! Aren't their costumes
awesome! Where did they get those? Why didn't we get costumes like those?" There was a batch of teenagers that wanted their picture taken with the girls, but by the the time that they got themselves together to ask, the girls, obtuse to the gawking, were already climbing the bleachers to their seats. It was an incredible night! I hope that the girls remember it, I know that I will. We are planning to go to the 12:00 book party next week, so I am sure that I will post afterward. I figure we might as well get as much use out of the costumes as possible. Besides, the girls are growing up so fast, and I don't think that it will be long before they won't let me do this kind of thing anymore. And with the last book coming out, there won't be any more opportunities. (For the book at least)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: