Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wind damage


I am a little frazzled.  Having a wall of siding shower down on you tends to make the nerves a little raw.

J had just come up for lunch when the doorbell rang.  It was a passing landscaper that was there not to solicit business, but to warn us that the entire side of our house was flapping in the wind.  I called for J and ran out to see the melee for myself.  I rounded the corner with Cora on my heels just as the entire wall of siding let loose.  I yelled for Cora to get back inside, and dodged the initial onslaught of flying debris.  The nice landscaper helped to pull the fallen siding into a pile so that it did not further damage the house or our neighbors property.

We have a busy couple of days ahead of us.  We will however have to wait for the wind to die down or risk blowing away ourselves when we attempt to fix it.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think Betts' would like to know about your blogg. They are always asking about you.