Friday, November 16, 2007

American Girl Amber




FINISHED!!! I was sewing the last buttons on Amber's Colonial Days costume while she was getting showered up for school. Whew! Talk about cutting it close. Sigh, now I get to put the house back in order.






This costume was for Colonial Days today at Amber's school. They have all the teachers, volunteers, and 4th grade students dress up in period costumes. Not only do they ask that you dress them appropriately, but they also request that their lunches be as colonial as possible as well. They want them to have cornbread or homemade bread with homemade jam, cheese, apples, etc. Their lunches should also be packed in the method of the day, either a basket or in a cloth. No baggies or containers. Its just a little bit of work for the parents, as you can imagine. I was going to volunteer, but had a difficult enough time making Amber's costume and homemade lunch items in time. Maybe next time... I seem to get it a little more put together each time. Maybe by the time Cora is in 4th grade, I will skip into the school with my authentic colonial outfit, carrying my handmade, fully authentic colonial basket, full of tasty colonial food. Hmm... it could happen...I have a few years.
BTW: My apologies for the sideways photo. I am not yet up to speed on the blog program, and can't find how to turn the photos.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I can't turn my photos either. Before we upgraded our computer. I would get the pictures from my photo program(iPhoto for macs, I don't know what the equivalent is for pcs)Where I had already flipped the photos. But that program is not working now,and so my photos are sideways also.